Lucy and Mick's World Wide Wed

Friday, May 26, 2006

gearin' up!

We are really getting ready to have some fun, y'all.

The wedding is zooming right up, this is getting taken care of, that is getting taken care of, and the other thing, well, that will just take care of itself.

Today, I was dropping my suit off at my handy dandy tailor for some last minute alterations, and she has a standard two-week turnaround time. She wrote up my ticket, looked at the wall calendar and said: "Okay, they'll be ready…June 9th." Begapardon? I thought. Wait—I'm getting married in a little over two weeks!? There aren't enough italics for that, I tellya! Just so you know she was perfectly happy to rush me up some to the beginning of the week; but, wow!

Lucy and I and a cast and carnival of wonders have been busy planning the spectacle and delight that is to be our wedding. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. "No, no…that's just…oh, it's just something in my eye! a piece of dust or something. I'm fine. Fine!"

Fasten your seatbelts, we're about ready for take-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home